Every human intervention in a business process introduces a 4% chance of error. - B. Beims
Sounds interesting and relevant in the context I'm working in. Than I tried to verify the source and basis for this statement.
- Using google to search for the statement
- Using google to search for the author
- Finding second / third source for this statement
That is a example of todays most common topic today:
- more and more "characters" are accessable and flowing around the world, like "Chinese whispers" posted, re-posted, extended, ....
- less and less of the accessible" information" (in terms of percent based on the complete available total amount of "information") is relevant or valid
- Shorten / context less "information" does not lead to human usable information chain
Don't use and post a information which is not verified by at least
- a second, independent source
- personal verification
- background information which provides you with considerable background to trace the information
Don't forget: It is never cheap to gather valuable information. It was never and will never.